Monday 22 November 2010

Monday Musings

I thought I'd start a new regular feature on my blog - I've been reading Happy Zombies blog and I really like the 'daily cup of joy' posts - so I thought I could do something similar.  Now, I'm not sure I have enough joy for a daily cup, but a weekly one I can definitely manage.

So I thought I'd list a few things that made me smile last week.

  • The coat hanger hanging from a bush in a field on my way to work.  It's so out of place, it makes me smile everytime I see it.
  • Random gifts from friends - I've been given several packs of gel stickers to decorate my house for Christmas
  • New Christmas decorations (I always like to get a few extra each year - this year we'll need a new tree to house them all!)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great idea!

My LOL moment from our week back in the UK happened, would you believe, just as loads of kids from the local high school in Newton Abbot came into Asda on their way home.

I had to stiffle a guffaw of laughter as I heard this exchange between a couple of teenage girls just about to leave the shop (you have to read it in the Armstrong and Miller WWII pilot voices)

Girl 1: I need some crisps.

Girl 2: Why?

Girl 1: Because I want crisps.

Seeing it written down, it looks like the classic "you had to be there" moment, but it still made me laugh!

ThisWillBeMyYear said...

What happened to your cup of joy this week? :P