Monday 14 May 2012

Blog Break - BGT is to blame!

Sorry for the unexpected blog break last week - I'm afraid my only excuse is that I was sat watching Britains Got Talent - I know it's fun to have a whole week of semi-finals, but I'd really rather it was only on once a week so I can do something else instead of watch it! (The dog was impressive though!)

IMG_2526

So... seeing as that's all I've been doing, I don't have anything fun to blog about. Except my wonderful husband bought me a present, and I'm finally jumping on the Nigella bandwagon (my blog friend Lisa raves about Nigella all the time so I'm hoping she's right about her! Talking of Lisa, she's also gone AWOL from the blogisphere so hopefully this mention here might bring her back because I miss her comments!).

This is apparently Nigella's third book - Ian selected it because it had several chapters with recipes to make on lazy weekends - which sounds like the perfect use of weekend to me.

I like order - so if this book works out, I'll probably buy her first and second books so I have the starters of a set, instead of one randomly from the middle - although if any of you think I should shun the order and go for your Nigella favourite, let me know which it is and  I'll consider a departure from my world of OCD.
 

5 comments:

ThisWillBeMyYear said...

OMG you waste a whole week watching Britain's Got Talent and you think Star Trek conventions are lame! How are we even friends! :D

Carrie said...

Our differences give us stuff to talk about!

Our similarities make us friends!

Wow, I'm being very philisophical tonight!

Ian said...

I assume you were friends due to working in a very male dominant organization, so had little choice for female friends.

I never realized you wanted to be friends.

ThisWillBeMyYear said...

How rude! What would you know about making friends anyway Ian! :P

Lisa said...

Congratulations on a) having your first Nigella book and b) having a husband who noticed that you NEEDED one!

I'm touched that you noticed my absence from the blogosphere. Blogging is sometimes the thing that falls by the wayside when I'm distracted by baking, picking cherries, minding chickens......

Oddly, Nigella Bites is the least used of my Nigella tomes, as the recipes are very meaty/fishy. That said, one of our most loved "comfort food" meals for winter is the Double Potato and Halloumi Bake" (page 36), though I use whatever cheese I have as halloumi is so impossibly exotic as to be unfindable here!! And the "Ginger-Jam Bread and Butter Pudding" (page 166) is a thing of enormous beauty.

If Ian's in pressie-buying mode, I'd drop hints for "How to be a Domestic Goddess". I've recently made the "Chocolate Marsala Cake" from it - O.M.G.!!! I may even have to blog about it......