Saturday 20 December 2008

Marzipan Fruits (and Christmas Puds!)



Every year I buy my aunt marzipan fruits for Christmas. This year, Ian was telling me how he always used to make marzipan fruits for presents when he was younger so I asked him to show me how to do it. So we set about making them today. It is quite easy and good fun, using things like cloves to make the stalks and angelica for the cherry stalks (the shop didn't have this so we made do with green marzipan).


It is, however, quite time consuming as you have to keep mixing the right colours for each of the fruits. In the end, we made 4 each of 16 different types (apples, oranges, pears, cherries, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, cauliflowers, kiwi fruit, lemons, limes, green grapes, black grapes, watermelons, and the seasonal christmas cake and christmas puds - yes, not technically fruits but they look nice still). So into a nice box they go ready for tomorrow when I see my aunt. A good fun afternoon, and a low cost present too - bargain!

No comments: