Friday 24 September 2010

Christmas Cake Bake Off

Last Christmas they had another cake bake off at work (actually, I don't think I've written about the first, I made my lemon drizzle and won).  I wanted to make a carrot cake (for the reindeer as it was a christmassy theme) so I found a more suitable recipe than the last one with cinnamon in and everything.  My friend at work who loves carrot cake told me it was really good, so I'm pleased that I found a good recipe at last.  I know it was definitely a carrot cake, because I didn't like it!



I also made a golden syrup cake with icing sugar in star shapes on top.  This cake I did like, although I got annoyed by the number of stars I smudged when trying to take the paper off. 



Neither cake won, I think I placed 4th and 7th but I don't know which was which.  This cake bake off wasn't very well organised, so I'm not sure if I'll take part again, I do really enjoy it, but it took over a month to get the results back which just seemed excessive. 

No comments: