In March I decided to make scones - I'm not sure exactly why. I was clearly in a 'let's make scones and not think' mood because I followed the recipe and decided to ignore my common sense and poor the mix onto the side to knead as the recipe suggested. If I was smarter, I would have gone 'hang on a minute, this is far too runny, maybe I'll add more flour before doing that' but I wasn't and I ended up with a work surface covered in scone batter (and a Carrie covered in it too!). I rescued it as best I could, sticking what I could back in the bowl and adding more flour. I waited until it was a better consistency then tried again. I didn't have a round cookie cutter, so I used a bell shaped one from my christmas set. I'm not sure these were very successful, they were a little dry, but with a lot of jam and butter, they disappeared soon enough. I refuse to be beaten though, so expect another attempt in the future.