Friday 13 August 2010

Birthday Cake - only 7 months late!

Wow, I didn't realise how many things I'd not blogged about until I was going back through my photos from the start of the year.  My birthday is in January so I'm quite late with this post, but having seen the photos, I had to share.

I love victoria sponge cake, it's possibly my favourite kind of cake.  I don't know why, it just is.  Strangely, I'd never made one before so I decided, for my birthday, to give it a go.  Unfortunately, having made my sponge, it snowed.  Meaning that I couldn't get to work and therefore had a whole sponge that I'd have to eat myself.  I didn't manage it and I'm ashamed to say some ended up in the bin.  I waited until the snow had gone and tried again. 

Now, I'm not sure what I made was really a traditional victoria sponge, given that it was topped with cream, but it looks so pretty, and it tasted great although I remember thinking I'd like to try and get the sponge fluffier.  


No comments: